After what some may consider careers in consulting and logistics, we quit our jobs, sold our stuff and left Germany to be full-time travelers and development volunteers. This blog is about our travels, our work as volunteers and our alternative life strategies - always looking to make an impact and to find the meaning in what we do or put some into it if we can't find any.
- 20. April 2011 // 19 Comments
- 15. March 2011 // 15 Comments
- 3. September 2011 // 14 Comments
- 22. August 2011 // 7 Comments
- 16. July 2011 // 5 Comments
- 5. August 2012 // 0 Comments
- 12. July 2012 // 0 Comments
- 7. June 2012 // 2 Comments
- 3. June 2012 // 0 Comments
- 31. May 2012 // 0 Comments
- By Holger, 24. September 2015
- By Exploring Belize Cit..., 28. January 2014
- By Paul Harmans, 9. October 2013
- By Activities in Belize..., 20. March 2013
- By How to survive in Be..., 27. February 2013
Receive posts via e-mail!
Sinnvollereise.de on Facebook
In december, Holger facilitated a strategic workshop with the Caye Caulker chapter of the Belize Tourism Industry Association. The workshop focused on sustainable tourism development, segmentation of the tourist market and marketing techniques. The marketing angle of the workshop could be summed up by saying: “What tourists do we want on Caye Caulker and how […]
That's what it looks like after 2 hours of snorkeling and not noticing that your shirt was a few inches displaced...
I have been in Belize for the better part of a year now. I arrived with a backpack full of things that I didn’t need or that I could’ve easily bought here. A few things I brought proved to be very valuable. For the rest I just begged visiting friends. Here are the 5 things […]
Our friend Frank celebrated his birthday with us in Belize. Usually he goes to visit an aquarium on his birthday. Since there are no aquariums in Belize, we did the next best thing: We threw him into one. First we flew him over to Ambergris Caye on a little Cessna plane. We were met by […]
I’m fortunate to have dived and snorkeled in Australia, Egypt, Turkey, Belize. (And in Germany though I try to forget that experience.) One animals that’s managed to elude me for 10 years now is the turtle. I’ve seen a few form afar, but that was about it. Until 2 weeks ago, when I did Hol […]