After what some may consider careers in consulting and logistics, we quit our jobs, sold our stuff and left Germany to be full-time travelers and development volunteers. This blog is about our travels, our work as volunteers and our alternative life strategies - always looking to make an impact and to find the meaning in what we do or put some into it if we can't find any.
- 20. April 2011 // 19 Comments
- 15. March 2011 // 15 Comments
- 3. September 2011 // 14 Comments
- 22. August 2011 // 7 Comments
- 16. July 2011 // 5 Comments
- 5. August 2012 // 0 Comments
- 12. July 2012 // 0 Comments
- 7. June 2012 // 2 Comments
- 3. June 2012 // 0 Comments
- 31. May 2012 // 0 Comments
- By Holger, 24. September 2015
- By Exploring Belize Cit..., 28. January 2014
- By Paul Harmans, 9. October 2013
- By Activities in Belize..., 20. March 2013
- By How to survive in Be..., 27. February 2013
Receive posts via e-mail!
Sinnvollereise.de on Facebook
Speed boat cruise through the jungle to Lamanai Maya site
We booked a Lamanai River cruise through the Hotel de la Fuente in Orange Walk after they’d shown us a little preview of what a river cruise like this would be like. So we took a car up from Belize City to Orange Walk (make sure you get there before 9 am!) and went on the cruise. We paid 100 USD – which includes the speed boat cruise, lunch, all park fees and one of the best guides we’ve had in Belize so far.
After an exciting race through the narrow channels of the New River with uncounted birds, crocs, iguanas, we arrived at Lamanai, the Maya site named after the “submerged crocodile”.
I’ve said it before: There is only one factor that can turn a maya site from a pile of boring rocks into an adventure: A good guide. Ours was great. We took us back in time to when the Mayas lived at Lamanai.
We had a great lunch and went back on the speed boat … but before we made it back to Orange Walk Town, we made some new friends.
Enjoy the video!
This is the best Maya tour we’ve done so far in Belize. We recommend doing this one if you have to chose!